Color choices for everyday clothes
Posté : 30 sept. 2026 07:48
My next wardrobe purchase will probably be a used autumn jacket, but I am struggling to make a sensible shortlist. Measurements help with the fit, but seller photographs make it difficult to compare brown, olive, and dark blue reliably. The limited return options make me cautious, especially when a cheap jacket could still become an expensive unworn purchase. I mainly wear charcoal trousers and jeans, so a jacket that combines easily with those would have a clear purpose. I found a page about color analysis and would like to use the idea as a starting point for these comparisons. I am trying to distinguish a versatile shade from one that merely looks appealing in a carefully styled listing photograph. Is a daylight photo with a white object nearby helpful for comparing shades, or would you avoid relying on that? Seeing the jacket locally would let me compare it with a top I already wear, instead of relying entirely on photographs. What would you check first when choosing among similar used jackets, assuming the condition and measurements are already acceptable?