Coordinating a wardrobe while growing out gray hair
Posté : 29 sept. 2026 10:48
I have been asked to adjust my hair color for a community play and we are trying to choose between a deep cool brown and a warmer copper-brown effect. The choice must read clearly from the seats without becoming distracting in close photographs. Bright stage light makes my current shade look dull, but daylight photographs make the warmer option appear much stronger than it does from the audience. Most of the costume is olive with dark red accents, so the hair choice also needs to work beside those fabrics and the planned makeup. I am using this skin tone chart as a starting vocabulary for the costume discussion. Would matching wig swatches be safer than coloring test strands if evaluated with costume and makeup under the actual lighting cues? I want the experiment to remain fully reversible. How do you balance stage readability with an offstage appearance?